Happy Earth Day / Barn Owl Release
Happy Earth Day! Tomorrow marks the 53rd anniversary of Earth Day, celebrating the preservation of the earth’s natural resources and wild beauty for future generations. Tucson Wildlife Center would like to encourage everyone to take action on Earth Day and every day to protect our natural environment and its wildlife. Recently rehabilitated and released, this beautiful Barn Owl is a reminder that by taking steps to help our wildlife, every day can be Earth Day!
Each year, thousands of wild animals are brought to TWC in need of medical care and rehabilitation, often suffering from issues that were preventable. As stewards of our planet, it is our responsibility to care for the wild creatures with whom we share it. A few things you can do at home or around your community to protect our wildlife are:
- Stop using poisons that kill our wildlife and harm our environment.
- Scrub out your bird feeders and water sources to minimize disease.
- Clean up your neighborhood of plastics, pipes, string, etc.
- Contain and leash your pets.
- Check for wildlife babies before doing yard work.
- Create a pollinator garden with native plants.
- Build a bat, owl, or bird box.
For information on the impact these things have on our wildlife, visit our website at https://tucsonwildlife.com/celebrate-your-earth-day-by-helping-wildlife/
If you would like to celebrate Earth Day by helping patients like this Barn Owl, click the donate button below.
Another way you can contribute is to visit our “wish list” on Amazon by clicking on the Amazon Wish List button below. We appreciate it, as will all the wild animals in our care!